Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, May 22, 2016

The trickle down effect

I'm not sure if it's effect or affect.. that always confuses me. I'm just too lazy to Google which is correct. I'm too lazy, because I just ran 6 trail miles after running 12 miles yesterday. I have an excuse.. right? 

Running has that trickle down effect/affect. I see it with my own family. Today, they all came to the park while I ran the trails. Celina ran a few miles then stopped due to her allergies but I kept going. Steve, Logan and Zoey were on a walk around the lakes and Celina quickly caught up to them. All good! 
I have to think that if I didn't run, non of us would be at this park and certainly not at 8am. We owe it all to my running and it having a positive experience, my kids all want to eat healthy and be as healthy as they can. 
It was a super nice weather morning. 60's with a light breeze and super sunny. Running in the woods just felt great with all the shade the trees provide. I'm not going to lie, this was a tough run after doing 12 miles yesterday. I took it easy and you will soon see how easy. 
I'm pretty sure my average trail mile pace averaged around 11 minute miles. Slow going but I'm okay with that because it was close enough to 6 miles of running. 
I'll take the slow recover running.. 
How did I spend my afternoon recovering from running 12 training miles? Going Kayaking on the Mississippi river back waters. I've been wanting to bring our kayaks to this place for a few summers and we finally had an afternoon to check it out. Celina join Steve and I so we took turns with the two kayaks. 
Celina and I went first and paddled along the shore. A huge fish jumped out of the water in front of us. I was on a mission to see what was around the bend so I paddled like crazy. 
It was just this house that looked abandoned. 
There were a few water snakes around too. When it was my turn to wait on shore for Steve and Celina to kayak I took my chair and sat way back under a shaded tree. 
I got in a great arm workout while I let my legs rest.

It is also our Anniversary today 17 years, so we celebrated all day on Saturday and went out to dinner. It was a nice night so we picked a place were we could sit out on the patio with out prior reservations. 
Oh and they make mini popovers. I have to do this in a muffin tin. I just wish they had honey butter instead of just plain butter to spread on them. 
Dinner I was hungry for fish and got the Walleye. 
Their mac and cheese side was really good and creamy. I never touched the cheese potatoes and ate al the fish as it was delicious! 
Steve got the prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. 
We came home and had a back yard bonfire. 
Steve and I were planning on sleeping in the tent outside but Zoey was having none of it. She could not settle down and kept wanting to go out and in the tent. It just was not working with her so we never did sleep outside. She is not a camping dog! 
Zoey was just too freaked out by all the noises she could hear outside of the tent and the tent floor making noise. She just wanted to run around and play when we were ready to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment