Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, September 12, 2015

You can never go wrong with the color Black!

They are here!! I ordered my new Black Brooks Pureflow 4, the end of August and I just picked them up yesterday! I wanted black not the purple they had in stock so I had to special order them. You can never go wrong with black because they match pretty much everything I own, which is mostly black clothes. I do love wearing black. It just is more flattering. 
I couldn't wait to get out on the trails and tryout my new shoes. A perfect morning to go run some trails at the local park. 
The Pureflows are meant for low mileage, around 300. They are pretty light weight. (I used my own money to purchase these shoes and all opinions are my own.) I was hoping not to experience any toe pain but I did.. I think its just my feet. I run more on my toes and mid foot. My toes felt like they were falling a sleep so I tried to wiggle them around every once in awhile and that seemed to help a bit. These shoes will probably be best for wearing on the cross ramp indoors. I'll also have to switch out my running shoes more often. I still have yet to find my perfect running shoes. If that even exists??? 


Celina and Steve joined me this morning at the park. They took a walk around both the lakes while I ran it 2-1/2 times. 5 miles for me.. or about that since my GPS would not work correctly the first 1/2 mile. 

 I did notice my pace was a 10 minute mile to a 9:50 mile.. faster then I usually run on trails. Usually, I'm going at a 10:30 to 11 minute mile just due to all the uneven surfaces, hills, turns etc.. I felt speedy in my new running shoes. 
Just a nice fall morning to go for a run. Yes, it did feel like fall.. 49+F this morning but it was probably in the 50's by the time we got to the park.. Slow start this Saturday. I took in more sleep, over going for an early run. Well worth the wait.. 
Friday night, Celina had a tennis match. She was #1 singles for her team. She won!! The first match she lost 2 to 8, then the 2nd match she won.. not sure of the score but it was close! Then it was a tie breaker to 10 points and she won 10 to 6. Go Celina!! YEAH!!!! Her coach gave her a few pointers that second match and it must have really helped because it was a 100% turn around. Her coach told her she has NEVER seen this happen EVER. Such a huge come back. As a whole team they won over Shakopee.. A trip to DQ is in their future! 
I'm starting to like watching tennis, now that I understand the game  and scoring a bit more. 

Now to convince Celina she needs to play year round to improve! She would be sooo good if she played often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment