Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Good Bye September..

It's the last day of the Month, September. Sad to say, the month went by far too fast. All good things must come to an end, lucky for us, we are still having good weather. A bit cooler this morning in the 40's. Steve saw frost on top of some of the houses without trees in the front yard. It will be sunny and warm up to the low 60's on this last day of September. Can't complain about being in the 60's this late in September. 
My running has been extremely tough going. I keep expecting to have a easy feeling run and it's just not happening as the days go by. Even after that first mile I'm still struggling to keep going. I know its all in my head and part of my body. My calves are not liking my running.. I'll keep going. this too shall pass, Right? 
What isn't ending is the need for my afternoon hour long nap. I can't break the cycle. I just need that nap to recover from running and working. Unfortunately, I'm wasting the best part of the day, sleeping it away. I keep telling myself, that I must need the rest more then a bike ride.. or to get anything productive done around the house. 
I refused to look at my Garmin while on my morning run yesterday. Slower 10 minute miles but not bad for feeling like I couldn't run.. I wanted to quit so many times.. I just kept going around till I finished 4 loops in the neighborhood. It really has saved me or maybe hurt me by sticking close to home so I can take a short rest/drink water stop. I use to run 4 miles last summer and think, wow.. that was fast. I get to run it in reverse again.. 8 miles were no big deal. Now 6 miles seem more of a big deal just to finish. Come winter when I'm stuck inside running.. I'll be wishing I could run a few miles outside. I just need to remember that right now and enjoy the miles.. 
It's that time.. Time to head out the door.. and run my buns off. Because they certainly won't get smaller if I keep sitting on them. This is my Wednesday Motivation.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment