Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, September 27, 2015

A lone ride...

The moral to the story on this Beautiful fall rare 80*F Sunday, don't wait for someone to go with you... I went on a lone ride. It's been ages since I last rode my bike on this river path, by Minnehaha falls. I needed some beautiful fall scenery and a bike ride was just what I needed. 

I only stopped a few times to take some photos. I just wanted to keep going and get in a good cardio workout. 
It was a busy Sunday but not as crazy busy as I was expecting. Sometimes the paths are so overly crowded with bikers, joggers and walkers, but not today. I only had to pass a few people on the bike path. 
I think all the people stayed right next to the falls... and didn't venture very far from the main park. 
I didn't spend much time in the park, just stopped quick for this photo and rode on.. down the path for 7.3 miles, then turned around at the road/path closed sign and headed back to the car another 7.3 miles which takes me back through Ft. Snelling Park. 
The park has one major hill to climb. I almost didn't make it up, then I remembered that I did it before, I can do it again so I pushed on to the top of the hill and then up one more smaller hill.. MADE IT! 
Happy to be done with my bike ride.. through this beautiful park. I'm going to have to bike it again once the leaves start turning colors. Its my favorite place to go for a fall ride. 
Celina wanted to try this new restaurant, Black coffee & Waffle bar this morning. 
 The coffee and hot chocolate were pretty impressive. I'm pretty sure we can do this at home too with a little cream and a tooth pick. Might have to try it sooner then later as I'm dying to attempt to duplicate the heart designs. 
They had cute names for the waffles, Apple Strudel
 Naughty Waffle and Fat Andrew plus there was also the One bad pig, strawberry cheesecake and S'more. 
 I think we all agreed we could make better waffles. Which made us want to go home and make our own. I'm guessing some weekend, we will have our own waffle bar. 
It was also a very small place. Not a lot of seating and lots of people. Mostly everyone waiting to eat. The waffles took and extremely long time, 30+ minutes. I think I saw only two waffle makers which is probably the reason its such a slow process. This place could do so much better if tweaked bit. It was definitely a one time stop.. never again! 
What I do want again is Celina's apple tart. Turned out really good. 100% better then the one I cooked. She pre-cooked the crust and that is KEY to making a good tart. Lesson Learned! 
I did get in my Saturday afternoon exercise. Celina and I played some tennis. We started a game then decided to just hit the ball back and forth and practice serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment