Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

It's time to do it all over again...

Yes, it's that time to do everything all over again. Everything meaning.. daily exercises (Planks 7 min, bridge 2 min hold, twists 20lb -20x's and triceps- body weight/dips) and running 6 trail miles. I'm not one of the people who believes you must make exercise more difficult every time you work out to keep your body guessing. Yeah.. it takes a lot of my effort to keep working out and doing the same stuff, imagine how I'd feel if I made it harder each day then it already is.. I think, like most people I would have quit long ago. My body is aging.. that's the keeping it guessing part. Plus, I do like variety and do my own cross training. 
My idea of cross training on Monday was to play tennis with Celina. It forces me to react quick, twist, turn in directions I'm just not use to doing. Results is that I'm sore. I felt my calves tighten up during tennis and my core/abs are sore, still on my left side. I'm guessing its a pulled muscle since its been an issue for over a week with a trip to the chiro and another one today. 
I'm enjoying the new game of tennis. It's a lot more fun playing when you know the rules to the game. We played one match to 8 points. Score me 2, Celina 8. I'm a beginner and have a lot to work on but it's fun and challenging. I'll stick with this new sport. Plus, I enjoy spending the time with Celina on an activity we can do together. I'm very competitive so of course I eventually want to be some good competition for her to play against. 
We had a really nice fall day.. what better way to spend it then to do some fall raspberry picking. There wasn't a lot of berries left from over the weekend but we managed to pick enough to fill one basket. We ate our way through the picking and I'm sure that's why we didn't have much to show for our efforts. Fruit always tastes better eating it right after you pick it. 
Evan learned fast how to find and pick only the red berries. 
I have so much to do on my Tuesday. I scheduled a non-working day because we were suppose to be on a mini vacation to Grand Marais with friends. That didn't' work out with Steve's schedule or his parents so we are home.. and I have the day off. 

Having today off gives me time I need to do some of our home projects. Before I even think about getting anything done around our house, I am going fro a run and a bike ride, I do have my priorities  in the right order.  
Question of the day... Why is it that flies disappear the second you hold a fly swatter? Otherwise they keep landing on your face..  The flies in the fall and all the bees.. they just take over!



No comments:

Post a Comment