Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, September 18, 2015

While it's fresh in my mind

I need to recap my run while its fresh in my mind. This morning was a perfect cool, crisp fall day.. no wind and over cast in the mid 60's. Perfect.. Wish I could say that about my feelings with running lately. Its been anything but perfect. I have all these self doubts.. why am I doing this.. I'm not enjoying it.. then I forget once I'm actually out there running and done with 6 miles. Only today I ran 3.. and that was it. I was done. I had every intention of running 6 miles but some where during mile 2 I decided I'd had enough. Good enough for today! 
I'm attempting to cool off on the deck after my 3 miles. They were easy.. I did push the pace on the last sprint to home. No music.. just my GPS.. Garmin so I know the pace. I didn't really care what my pace was at because it always seems to start off slow 11 minutes.. then goes to 10:15 and before you know it, my easy pace settles to 9:45 minute miles... With all the up and down hills I usually end up with an average some where around a 10 minute per mile time. No matter how much I read about running.. I'm just not feeling it. I keep going.. but have been taking more breaks and feeling just blah about running. Yawn.. 
My new running shoes aren't even inspiring me to run more.. I tried the wear new shoes on my first loop of 1.5 miles and the 2nd loop switched out to my pink running shoes. I always like my broken in shoes even if they too are flawed in some aspects. 
Time for a quick breakfast.. Whole grain toast with jelly. Yes, I know I just talked about my diet and there I go with adding jelly=sugar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment