Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Rain, Rain go away.. wait, Lightening go away!

I would totally go for a run in the pouring rain if it wasn't for the lightening. I'm not about to get electrocuted for a run. No thank you.. but for a warm down pouring of rain.. That actually sounds great! It's a bit humid out and our house feels hot so cooling off in the rain would feel pretty great. I'd take it, if I could just stop the thunder and lightening. 
Here's my advice for running in the rain... 

1. Don't over think it. You won't melt, like the bad witch in the Wizard of OZ. 
2. Wear a visor/hat to keep the rain out of your eyes. There is nothing worse then not being able to see when rain is in your eyes. A visor does the trick and you can run without being blinded. 
3. Get a light weight rain jacket. You can always start off dry and peel it off later if you get hot or just want to be soaking wet. 
4. Your going to get sweaty anyway.. what's some rain to make you even more soaking wet? Is it really going to matter? 
5. Keep telling yourself that Your stronger for running in the rain, not a baby or wimp for only running in fair weather. 
6. Have a reward waiting for you the end of your run.. Nice hot shower.. dry clothes.. 
On a totally different subject.. Celina had another tennis match Wednesday afternoon. Talk about perfect weather, 80*F and over cast.. She played #1 doubles and her partner for doubles also has been playing singles. They were not expected to win but what do you know.. they won by 2 points! A great match to watch. 
I'm also seriously thinking I'd like to take up tennis too. It would be a fun activity for Celina and I to do together. I need to look into this asap. I'm also hoping with me playing tennis, Celina will want to play all year. I think she would have a good chance of making the Varsity team if she just played year round. Plus, what fun it looks like and I'm all about trying something new to stay fit and have fun. 
I've decided my hair is getting far too long. I'm getting a few inches chopped off and maybe some long layers. I might just start wearing my hair down again. I'm tempted to get some long bangs but I know that doesn't work for me and running. I need my hair out of my face. No major hair changes.. just a trim and that's about it. 
It's Evan super cute. I need to start baking with all those apples we picked. I'm thinking of an apple tart? Maybe some apple bars? Not really sure.. but I do need to bake and give away some of it so I don't end up eating it all myself. 
I'm so glad its almost Friday.. Who doesn't need a work free weekend! Two days to go.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment