Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Foggy, soggy morning.

We obviously didn't spend enough nights sleeping in our new big tent. When I said it sure would be a nice night to sleep outside. Steve was all in for setting up the tent on the deck and sleeping under the stars. 
It's so long that we had to turn it sideways to get it to fit on the deck. We never bothered to put the top on. This way we could see the stars. 
I don't know why we didn't think of camping out on our deck before? Its a great close to the indoors as you can get kind of sleeping outside. We only had to worry about our deck raccoon visitor that likes to drink all the hummingbird juice out the feeder right next to the door of the tent. We never did hear it and the juice was still full when we woke up. No visitor, thankfully!
I'm still on vacation time so I slept in till 6:30am. It gave Steve and I only time to do a quick 8 mile bike loop in 35 minutes. We had a heavy fog warning this morning and it was no joke. You couldn't see far at all. 
While we were stopped to take a fog photo, we spotted some turkeys. 
We could hear the train but just could see it for awhile. We rode up to the tracks just to watch it go by. 
I was a sweaty, soggy mess by the time we got home from our quick ride. 
Other then biking a little on vacation the past 6 days. I didn't do much else. I gave myself a running break. Yesterday, I ran my first 3 miles and did them without my GPS. I didn't want to put any pressure on myself to run a certain 9 something pace. I just wanted to enjoy my familiar route close to home. I have been working a lot to get all caught up and that wears me out. I will take it easy on running Friday too but after that, I have no excuses not to be running 6+ miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment