Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A little cool down...

Running on sore calves.. wow.. not feeling great out there running today. 
I stretched out my legs/ calves before running like I do every day but they were still sore from tennis. I had a tough run ahead but because I took a rest day for my running, I had to get in 6 miles. I sure wanted to quit.. 
The first two miles were at the park on the trails. I came across many signs.. trail closed for utility work. When you hear chain saws up-head on the trail, it's time to go somewhere else to finish up my run.
At least I got in two miles and took some signs of fall photos. I hate that the leaves are already turning colors. I wanted summer green to last a bit longer. 

As you can tell by the blurry photos, I don't like stopping when I'm running.. It was really pretty out this morning. After noticing I couldn't continue running at the park, I took my run back home to our neighborhood route. 
It took a lot of my will power to keep moving, to finish up my 6 miles. I wanted to stop at 4 miles but I didn't want to disappoint myself. What do you know.. I made it three times around our neighborhood.. 

Not awful mile times either.. Mile one is always tough
I'm on the after-run cool down.. and no time to sit around. Believe it or not, while I was dying running the last loop around our neighborhood, I actually wanted to go biking. It doesn't sound that good right now that I'm on the cool down.. a nap is more like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment