Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, May 2, 2015

I have some catching up to do.

I'm still a little in vacation mode. This has been the longest running break since before I started running on a regular basis. It feels really odd.. and I'm not liking the huge 8 day break. Good thing my break is ending. I still did a ton of walking while on vacation, but the last 2 days instead of doing a lot of walking, I've been working a ton. I've been trying to catch up on life and now I need to catch up on my running/biking and taking care of me.. daily planks,  and all my morning exercises too! Everything that I've put on hold for the last 8 days, I have to get back to and do it ASAP. I don't want to head backwards by not starting back up. I'm no quitter, not after 3+ years of tracking my fitness progress, not after running for 4+ years.. not after losing 50 pounds.. Which now I need to lose back some pounds from the weight gain. 
Its going to be a rare 80+F spring day and we are taking full advantage of the nice summer like temperatures with a 10 mile dirt road bike ride, followed by a few miles of running and then to the gym so I can lift weights. It's full speed ahead to catch up on my fitness. Plus, my diet needs to be back on track. No more vacation type treats. I need to eat healthy and feel good. 
Last nights dinner, Logan made Texas toast with fresh garlic/butter and Steve roasted up veggies.. broccoli, squash and sweet potatoes. We ate dinner out on the deck for the 2nd time this spring. 
My favorite little person, Evan came over Thursday night. So happy to see him and give him tons of kisses. He likes to run, but he can not hide.. I will find him and cover him with tons of kisses. He loves our little animals, Miss Penny and the bunny, Paige. He always wants to hold Miss Penny and runs to sit down so she can sit in his lap. It was a good thing he stopped over, this was the last time we got to spend with Miss Penny, as she died early Friday morning. I knew she was getting up there in age for a piggy 6+ years old. Her sister died almost a year ago, around the 4th of July. We had a little funeral for Miss Penny and her sister Bella last night. We put them together in a shoe box with flowers we picked from the yard and said our good byes. I didn't think I'd get sad, but had a few tears in my eyes when I mentioned missing their little squeaks for food every morning. They both liked to talk especially Bella. I was the one feeding them, changing the cage, the one who cared most about our little pets. They will be missed.. but not the cage smell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment