Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, May 4, 2015

15 days and I'm back out there running.

It feels strange to say this but the last time I ran outside was 15 days ago. Yes, I've biked, ran on the elliptical, and cross ramp, plus walked a ton of miles on vacation,  but it's not running. 
My plan was to run over the weekend it just never happened. We spent my running time doing some dirt road biking. All good as I love doing both running and biking. I was just taking the biking a bit easy getting back into it again after a long winter break. 
I didn't have a full hour to run so I stopped at 3 loops around our neighborhood or at 4.24 miles. It felt great after the first few steps and it really surprised me. I was not expecting to feel so good after this long of a running break. Maybe it's exactly what my feet and legs needed. It sure did help my mile times. My average over all was a 9:07 hilly minute mile. Not too bad.. I liked the 8:40 minute mile on Mile 3 the best and felt great! 
These morning start up miles were dedicated to running my buns off. I left this message before heading out to run. 
It's my Monday with Evan. He already knows what he wants to do, play the guitar and then get into everything else around the house. A busy boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment