Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mom's Day running.

This mom of 3 treated herself to a 6 miles run at the local park. A favorite trail run. 
The morning started off warmer then the rest of the day. It was still a bit chilly but not as crazy windy. I like how every thing greened up since my last run around these lakes. 
Maybe it does matter what socks I wear when running. I bought some running socks from Old Navy of all places. They are thicker then my other running socks and figured since it was colder out, I could use extra warmth on my toes. I didn't have any of that toe/foot burning pain while running the last mile. This is a first! I'm going to have to keep wearing these socks to see if it really does make a difference or maybe it was just a fluke? 

Not exactly 6 miles even. I don't keep running in circles around my car until I hit exactly 6 miles. I know some runners do this just to make an even number. I'm not that obsessed with being exact.. only once in awhile. I always feel like its a bit like cheating when you tell everyone you've ran 6 miles and really its only 5.88 miles. Should the last 0.12 of a mile count enough where I should only say I ran 5 miles instead of 6? I think not! Close enough!!! 

I didn't run any 9 minute miles unless you count the last .88 miles, that I ran in 9:44 as a full mile? All pretty consistent mile times. I was just out there to run and take it easy. My Fitbit said I ran up 24 flights of stairs during my hour run. 
The last mile I was getting a little hungry and had thoughts of Texas bread cinnamon French toast with real maple syrup and bacon. Yum... being the nice mom, I took the kids to get a Starbucks coffee drinks and then Steve made the bacon while I cooked up the french toast. Exactly what I wanted for a delicious Mother's day breakfast. 
After Logan's last soccer tournament game, (they won 11 to 0). Logan and I had a steak cook off. I won! I don't recall ever cooking my own steak. I cut off the fat because I just don't like the fat. I tried to use some of Bobbie Flay's tips from watching all those cooking shows with Logan. He used butter on a steak. I tried it and YUM.. is all I have to stay. I used a little brown sugar and fresh garlic cloves too. Cooked medium rare just the way I like it. Unfortunately, Logan listed to Steve and his steak got a bit over cooked, chard. 
More celebrating Steve's 50th Birthday last night for dinner. He didn't get his own cake on his birthday and wasn't able to open gifts so we did this last night. 






No comments:

Post a Comment