Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, May 15, 2015

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

That sums up my day.. the good, the bad and the ugly! We watched an old Clint Eastwood movie last night and that was the title. While the movie was nothing like my day the title sure was. Here's the low down on my Thursday. The good? I worked out and that's always a good thing when I run and do my daily planks and other exercises. Average running pace for the 5.55 miles was a 10 minute mile! 13 seconds faster today then my usual average. 
The bad.. well, still didn't make all good food choices. I cup of Ice cream for a after dinner snack while watching the movie. 
The ugly...Dinner had Texas toast with garlic and butter. I should have avoided the white bread and real butter!
Dinner: White rice with cheese/broccoli. 
Lunch: A sweet potato baked in the microwave. I will start turning orange from eating far too many of these but I love them, so I don't mind orange hands.
Good fruit, 2 small bananas before lunch because I was starving waiting for my potatoes to cook. 
Back to my normal, every day breakfast that I love. Wheat bread with chunky Skippy Natural Peanut Butter. 

It was also time to get out the tape measure. I didn't even compare my measurements with my old ones. I'm starting fresh and will go from where I am at today. There is no looking back, only moving forward. 
I have another wet morning to run. At least it stopped raining. I won't melt but it's just not as fun getting out to do my miles in the rain. 
It's really hard to see any new progress on a daily basis. I still won't quit. It's going to take dropping a few pounds to see my muscles and see changes in my fitness. It's all about diet and that's what I'm working on.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment