Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, May 8, 2015

Just let it go already!

I lay awake during the night for many hours thinking far too much. Life is not always rainbows and sunshine... there are dark clouds mixed in. I found the best way to let go of what I'm over thinking, is to just breathe deep, and only concentrate on breathing. Pretty simple and you know what? It works. I pay attention to my breathing not only when I can't sleep and my mind is racing, I do it when I run too. It takes a lot of effort to concentrate on something we do all the time. As simple as that might seem to just breathe, it does work to just focus on inhaling and exhaling. 
Last night after a delayed soccer game due to a rain storm a full rainbow came out with sunshine.. 
It was a nice evening to sit outside and just watch Logan's team win 2 to 0. He didn't want to go to the game, so it was a real challenge just getting him there. I know how it feels to just want to skip a game. In the end, the team is counting on you being there. How can you not show up? I am hoping he was glad he showed up to play. He's not always happy with the position the coach picks for him. Last night, he played defense pretty much the entire game. He was not happy about that. Having played forward, mid and defense on my soccer team made me realize that every position is important. Not just the ones where you can score a goal. I enjoyed the variety, but it wasn't like that at first. I had to play defense for a few games and then I started to like it. I'm hoping he can see the value in playing other positions that aren't his favorites. You don't always get to do what you want. You just need to think about it in a different way to make it better. 
My new Vacuum has nothing to do with running. It does provide a pretty good arm and ab workout. This vacuum is self propelled so much for the good workout. Funny how excited I get over getting a new one. 

Every day M-F I make a half dozen cookies or candies for each of my clients. Thursday, was all about the Cheese-its covered in chocolate with PB inside and topped with toffee bits. They are delicious, as I always taste test just to make sure. 
Happy Birthday Steve. The big 50!!! Yep, we are both getting up there in age. Glad I have a few more years before I hit fifty! 
Back to letting go already... I do skip around a lot on topics. I need to let go of the need to run 6 miles every day. I've been running 3 miles due to a busy work schedule and feeling bad about not getting in all my miles. I put way too much pressure on myself. When I have time and am not working so much, I will run more. I don't need to over do it and get all stressed out. 

Happy Friday.. now off to run and breathe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment