Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, May 14, 2015

I do this to myself every day.

I try to think about eating healthy. Its easy to make good healthy food choices when I eat the same thing for breakfast each day. As the day goes on, I start making poor choices about what foods I need to lose weight and be healthy. I struggle with food all the time. I know what I need to do to lose weight. I know what foods I should be eating but I don't follow through. I'm becoming more unhappy with the 10 pounds I've gained and can't lose. I keep telling myself this is the day I start to make changes. Some where after lunch I give up on those thoughts and just eat what I please. What I please is usually foods that won't make me healthy, ice cream, bread and candies. 
Ever hug someone and think they felt soft, like mush? I don't want to feel like mush. I have 10 pounds of mush on my body that I need to say goodbye to. I have this huge fear of gaining back the entire 50 pounds I lost a few years ago with my poor eating habits. I just can't let that happen. It was too hard to lose that much and I just want to stay at a healthy weight. Not overly skinny and too hard to maintain either. 
Thankfully, I've found running helps burn off the calories I consume or I would have gained back all the weight long ago. Running doesn't help the slow creep up of weight gain if I indulge in crap every day. I need to up my weight lifting to build muscle that will burn more fat. It's time to make some small changes to start seeing some success in my fight against the mush of weight gain. 
I'll be hitting the trails in the rain this morning. A little rain won't stop me. What will I do about my lapse in judgement about food in the afternoon and evening? Small changes add up, one choice at a time. I'll be taking a photo of everything I put in my mouth, this might give me a pause to re-think my choices. It can't hurt. 

Weight is not only the measurement of weight loss. It's important to record your body measurements. 
Waist, hips, arms, thighs and % body fat. (Done!)


A fresh start and a new goal.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment