Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Compete with the self you were yesterday!

I am only competing with the self I was yesterday. No one else.. its just me here. I use that motto with everything in my life. I don't need to keep up with the Johnson's in the neighborhood... only with us.. the Nelson's. If we or I want something I must earn it and that's the best way to go. Nothing is owed or given. Hard work equals self satisfaction. 
The self I'm competing with yesterday, only ran 4.24 miles.. today's self is running the whole 6 miles. The self yesterday lifted weights for 15 minutes in the evening and skipped planks in the morning. Today's self did my morning daily planks/exercises. I'm already making my today's self better then I was yesterday and I'm winning! 
 I had the best time with Evan yesterday. Today's self can't compete with that. He makes my day. 
I saved some old E-mails.. the ones I want to remind myself about. I have a short memory and forget easily. Yesterday I needed a reminder of the why.. Oh yeah, that's why I don't need to look back, that's why I need to move on.. A big wake up call. There are reason's why not to open the door to let some into your life or even give them a chance. Keep the door tightly shut is the best option. Thankfully, I saved those e-mail letter reminders. 

Trying some new font. I read Helvetica is the way to go now. I am so use to using Times. Not sure I like the new font? 

What's your take on fonts? 

How do you compete with yourself to make you better today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment