Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, April 30, 2015

I'm back to real life.

My vacation in Washington DC is over. Its back to my real life, job, kids, running, sports and every day schedule. No more eating crap, walking around doing what we want and touring a new city. Its always a bit hard getting back to normal life but it also feels kind of good going back to a routine of real life. 
I've got a billion photos and will be updating with all soon. I'm going to post all vacation pix on my family blog. Here's just a few...
My favorite Cupcakes in DC found in Georgetown, Baked &Wired. A must go to for a very good treat. 
We did a ton of walking, at least 8 miles a day. Taking the public transportation was a huge learning experience for all. I'm not sure I really got it but it was fun figuring it out. 
I did zero running, unless you count running to cross the street before the light turned green. We did enough walking each day to make up for the lack of my morning run. I don't think I could have kept going all day doing sight seeing and running. We did see plenty of people running all over town. 
We pretty much ate crap at every meal. Crap, meaning high fat foods but at least I split my food with the kids to eat less of it. We had fish and chips, burgers from Shake Shack, pizza, pancakes, bacon, fries, bread, butter, chicken, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes and ribs etc.. the list of junk goes on and on... Plus, I treated myself to lots of Root beer. I was on vacation. 
Everyone's favorite place, the White House. We got a garden tour which took us right up next to the white house front door, or is it the back door? Up close and personal. 
My 2nd favorite was going all the way to the top of the Washington Monument. We got lucky and got tickets as we walked by. We got to go right up and not wait. 
We were 500 feet up looking down at the monuments from all sides. 
Walking around to all the monuments, Lincoln, Martin Luther and World War II Memorial was a favorite. 
The Capital and part of the mall area was under repairs. That was a huge bummer. Changed the feel of the mall area 100% since they closed off a huge section and were digging it up. Plus, all the scaffolding around the dome on the capital made it ugly not the same. What can you do? 
Air and Space Museum was all I remember about going to DC when I was 9. I remember standing in front of this display. Still the same after all these years. It looks like they sent a hunk of junk wrapped in tin foil to the moon. 
I was happy to see some cherry blossoms still blooming at Arlington Elementary. It was beautiful all around DC with the flowering trees, tulips and green. 

No comments:

Post a Comment