Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Saturday and how we spent our Friday night

Celina went running trails with me today. She lead the way and I followed for 2 miles. She is still working on gradually increasing her miles. I finished the other 4 miles around the lake trails by myself. 
For some weird reason it almost feels harder to run slower 11 and 10:30 minute miles, then to just go my normal 10 to 9:50 minute mile pace. I still averaged for the 6 miles a 10:13 minute mile over all. 
It's good to have a buddy system. I asked Steve to join us so her dad could keep her company while I finished up my miles. I don't need to worry if she is okay while I run. You just never know and its always better to be safe then sorry! 
It was a really nice morning. I was able to go out in just a tank top and my Capri leggings. 
Friday night was Logan's first track meet. Steve and I went to watch Logan participate in a few events. After watching I was thinking.. wouldn't it be fun for an adult track and field meet too? It would be a great way for adults to have some fun activity. Even non-runners could do some field events and participate. 
Logan's maroon track team. Logan participated in the Long jump, 100 medley relay and hurdles. He hurt his foot on the hurdles so that pretty much was it after he ran the relay. He did pass 2 kids and catch up his team on the relay race. Placed 3rd for over all boys on the long jump. 
I think it would be fun for us to go back to the track and practice the long jump and do some track running. I'd love to try and see how fast I could run and compare my times with the kids at the track meet. 
We ended the night at the neighbors bonfire. A great way to spend a Friday night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment