Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Spring Running..

Spring running... It feels great to be able to run outside even if the temps are still a bit chilly (30's).  People walking by always comment how they are bundled up and I'm running in a tank top. 

 I would like to figure out my Garmin 610. If anyone knows how to get it to show my miles pace for my split, please let me know. I'm clueless! 


I run 4 loops 1.42 miles around our neighborhood. Each time I sprint down the hill, run inside to drink some water, shed some layers and run back out to  do another loop. Each loop Steve thought I was getting faster. Actually, a 9 something minute miles weren't too bad. I was just running an easy pace but not super easy since I have 4 big hills for each loop. I still need to work on my sprint pace. I can't seem to run faster then 7 minute or a 6:30 minute mile sprinting. How do some people run miles after mile running 6 minute miles? My lungs hurt just thinking about it. 

When ever my workouts get a little tough, usually running up hills. I just think about people I know that can't run at all and those that can hardly walk. This gives me the push I need. I want to be able to keep my mobility as I age. 

I'm going to start working on my distance. Usually, by mile 5 and definitely by mile 6, my feet are starting to hurt. Band-aids are a runner friend. It's usually my toes and top of my foot where shoe rubbing occurs. I am known to go through boxes of Band aids. It's on my favorite list. 
Lemon cookies are always on my Love it list! Probably one of all time favorites! Anything lemon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment