Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, April 9, 2015

I figured out what I needed!

REST, that is what I needed more then running yesterday. I felt 100% better with an afternoon nap. By evening, my energy had returned in full force and my mind cleared of self doubt. 
I forget how much exercise I'm doing daily and sometimes it catches up to me when I'm not expecting. When I crash, I crash hard and just need my rest and sleep more then anything else. I always seem to forget about the need to recover from working out each day. I dislike rest days and always look at them as me being lazy instead of needing it for recovery. 
I need to be a lot more kinder.. to myself and give myself permission to rest and not feel like there is something wrong with my running and me. 
Lets talk about feet. Now that I've been a runner for 4+ years, I am extra cautious with my feet/toes. No runner wants foot or toe pain of any kind. I'm not sure what's going on with my 2nd to the end little toe. It rubs on the other toe while running and hurts. I've been wrapping it up in band aids and that seems to help. I have a mysterious top of the foot pain that I can't seem to pin point? The pain comes and goes. I think a full foot band aid would be a good seller for runners. We could cover our entire foot and never have to experience any foot/toe irritations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment