Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, April 19, 2015

I want to and I don't want to... ????

Its not exactly nice like Saturdays sunny weather. We had rain last night and everything is wet. I have a race planned for 10am this morning on trails, a mud run. Do I really want to get my shoes muddy? Not really. Do I want to wait till 10am to run? Not really. Do I want to drive across the twin cities to run for 40 minutes or less? Not really. So why do it? That is a good question and I think the answer is already NO. 
It's a free race and probably low budget too. I doubt there will be any water out there on the course and not much after. I've done one other trail run and the race was not marked. I was afraid of losing the person in front of me for fear I'd take a wrong turn and not know how to get out of the woods on the right path. No one wants to cut a race or run farther then needed. 
(Steve trying out a friends reading glasses) 
We decided to stay out way too late last night. I was the designated driver, as always! I don't mind driving but I want to choose when the ride leaves. It never works that way. You have to wait till the drinkers are done drinking. Steve and I were both just done way before the others. Good thing we don't do this very often. I use to like being out late. Now I would rather come home early, and read a good book and get to bed early so I can be up at the crack of dawn to go run. Times have changed. 
We all shared the flaming cheese at a Greek restaurant. Steve and I split a meal of gyros, and humus, with pita bread, rice and a salad. I forgot to take a photo. Plenty of food and I am so glad we shared as it was way too much food. 
Earlier in the day, we watched Logan's last soccer game in the dome. He starts playing games outside. 
His team won 15 to 5. They switched keepers to give the other team a chance to score a few points. It's just not fun to watch another team lose with that large of a point spread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment