Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, March 25, 2019

Sunday, Just checking!

Sunday we drove around by the river to see how the water level looked and how much flooding we had already. 
We went to a walk bridge that was closed. So we just walked up and took a look to see how high up on the river banks the water is at. 
 It was some what warm outside, but chilly enough to need a jacket or two for me. 


After stopping at this spot in Inver Grove, we drove to Hastings to check the river in town. 
It was all the way to the edge, just about to flood the park area. We will have to check it out again in another week, as the river is expected to get even higher as the snow all melts and the water travels down stream. 


 On the way back home, we drove down the road to where we put in the Kayaks.
There was so much water running down the road that it washed out a big section so we never made it to the end of the road. 


We ate at home yesterday and as tempting at it was to stop in and have a snack and drink in Hastings, we skipped it. Instead we cooked up some Zoodles and made a spaghetti squash with pasta sauce. I sprinkled on a little Parmesan cheese. I also had one tiny slice of a french baguette with a soft cheese spread on top. 
I ate a popcorn snack in the afternoon as I had to wait until 6pm for dinner. That just seemed too long and I need a little food. 

Steve finally put my new ceiling fan up in our room and took down the old one. The blades are not as big as the last fan, but I love the look and it makes our room so much brighter. The old fan had a covered light and it just was never light enough at night. One more house project done! While Steve was putting up the fan, I worked on organizing my closet clothes. I can finally check that off my todo list. It was much needed as I had clothes to hang up and baskets to rearrange. 
While at Menards getting some building supplies for Steve's next customer project, I found this outdoor couch and table I'd like for my big dieting reward. I've been wanting a deck couch forever! This might be the year to finally get one. The only issue is having to bring in the seat cushions so they don't get wet all the time. Or I'll have to find a couch cover! 

No comments:

Post a Comment