Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, March 15, 2019

19 pounds and counting!

I've now lost 19 pounds! I'm at the half way point of the weight I'd like to lose. I'd take another 10, 15 and if I lose another 20 all the better! Going in to this fasting diet I didn't know if I'd last this long, day #54. Diets are tough. Wanting to socialize and not miss out on going out to eat, having a drink, celebrating a birthday or just wanting to eat normal and not feel hungry. This is the dieting challenge. Doing the fasting diet pretty much helped me stay on track. I never missed out since I saved my meal for night/dinner. It's when I do most of my socializing. I've had drinks, cake, cheese, bread but all in limited portion control. A taste and not over doing it. Most days I stayed under 1000 calories. I only went above on less then 5. I haven't felt overly hungry, I think only last Saturday was the only day I felt I needed to eat! I drink low calorie options when I am hungry or to pass the time where I normally would eat a snack. I didn't always wait for dinner to eat. Sometimes I'll eat a pretzel with PB in the morning or afternoon, or eat some low calorie popcorn. I always do portion control, 1 or 4 pretzels and a few cups of popcorn. I plan to continue to diet and keep fasting to lose more weight then help me maintain the weight loss. It's so simple for me!

 Just doing a little morning yoga. Every morning I start my day off trying to be mindful. It's relaxing and good to help reflect on my daily goals. I also do my daily planks and lift those dumb bells behind me. I only was able to ski Sunday this week. I'm going to start running outside hopefully Saturday at some point during the day when the roads are not ice covered! I've got to get into exercising every day. Cross country skiing helped get me started doing a hour plus work out. 
My clothes are definitely looser! Good thing I can start wearing more options in my closet. I just need to get organized and start trying on more of my skinny clothes in my closet! Feels good to have lost 19 pounds. I'm looking forward to hitting 20.
Thursday night was a combo of spaghetti squash, tomato sauce with a little cheese sprinkled on top, left over carrots and two chunks of potato, plus I roasted some sweet potatoes. I also ate 3 cups of 35 calorie per cup pop corn as a late afternoon snack. I had a tiny bit of beef roast on the side. 
I did a little baking last night. Made some 7 layer bars with chocolate cookies for the crust, peanut-butter chips, chocolate chips, caramel chunks, pecans and coconut flakes. I took a small taste to sample my bars. Delicious! Good thing I made them to give away. 

I always make something for my customers. In the morning I made / dipped mints into chocolate and drizzled some green almond bark on top\. I also used the rest of the brownies and made more chocolate covered brownie bites. Made them green for St. Patty's Day/ March. 
I keep looking for cute decorated clear bags to put my treats in but they don't have any in the store for St. Patty day or Easter? Weird, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment