Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, March 29, 2019

It's growing!

I was reading about growing all kinds of left over veggie that we purchase from the store. I bought some bib lettuce with the root and decided why not try and re-grow this. I know you can do onions, potatoes etc. I just have never tried to plant them in dirt once they start growing. Might have to try doing that this spring! 

I'm on day #68 of my diet. After eating around 1000 calories a few time this week and last week and the week before, I decided I need to really try a lot harder to stay around 500 calories. I've been hungry mid afternoon and can't wait till dinner which is usually at 6pm. When I get up, it's early 5am, so waiting even till 1pm or 2 is over 9 hours of waiting to eat. I can't always just wait till 5 or 6pm to eat. I've been having some 35 calories per cup of popcorn to keep me tied over till dinner. I do put the popcorn into another container but the container has gotten larger and sometimes I refill it. Yesterday, I ate some humas and pita chips too before dinner.  Dinner was a little chicken with peppers and onion smothered in some salsa. A very low cal dinner. In all I was around 700 calories for the day. 
I was going to get out and run in the afternoon but instead after working a busy day, I sat on the couch and caught up on all the TV I missed Wednesday night. I did manage to go to Target with Steve at night so we did a little walking around. I was pretty lazy from 1:30 to bed time. I do need to make some changes in my afternoon. I don't accomplish anything because I'm all into sitting on the couch and doing nothing. My home fix it projects won't get done and my running won't improve if I don't do something about it! 
Zoey looks so cute here. That's kind of how I felt all day Thursday. Can I just be lazy and do nothing! 
It's Friday, and in two days I hit diet day #70! I am pretty happy that I can check off more diet days and that I've stuck with my diet and actually lost a lot of weight. I am still not where I want to be for weight loss. My goal is to weigh around 145 - 155. I'd say closer to 150- 155 is more realistic to maintain. If I'm around 145 or lower its harder for me to maintain but that's the weight I'd like to be, any thing around 150. Since I'm 5'8" and shrinking, that seems like the idea weight for me. I'm only a few pounds away from my high weight I'm guessing I am 160/159 right now give or take a few pounds? What really matters more then the number on the scale is if I can get into my jeans again. I know my weight was close to 145 to be able to wear them all and be comfortable again. I can get into them and zip them up, but they are just a little too snug around the middle. 
What I also failed to mention is that we had two left over cupcakes in the frig. They were sooo good I really wanted one last taste. So, Steve and I shared one and I only cut a small taste for myself. I still got to enjoy the cupcake with out feeling like I needed more then a bite. It was one delicious bite. If I wanted more, I would have been okay with that too. I don't believe a diet will ever work if you don't allow yourself to eat whatever sometimes too. Its all about choices and making sure its worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment