Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, March 11, 2019

8 weeks of Dieting effort!

Yep, made it to day #50 of dieting, week #8! This is a celebration cake! Not exactly, I did make a cake for last night's family dinner.  A Caramel cake with brownie layer and a Swiss meringue butter cream frosting, drizzled with chocolate and caramel then covered in pecans. 
I need to work on my even layers. It was a little lop sided. It was also my first attempt to create a drip down the sides with chocolate. I found out the sides must be perfectly straight for this effect to really work. In all, it was a good cake. I had a tiny slice. The rest of the cake, half went into the freezer. Maybe I'll make cake pops out of the cake? 
Dinner last night, roasted chicken with potatoes and carrots/onions. I skipped the salad but did have a glass of wine and a small slice of sour dough bread with blue cheese. I have to admit, my stomach really hurt after dinner. Was it the cake? I don't even feel like I ate all that much, around 750/800 calories for the day. 

It was extremely pretty in the woods yesterday while cross country skiing. I had to stop to take a photo of the ski trail. 
Excellent ski conditions! I actually took the longer loop and ended up skiing 5.8 miles in 1 hour and 11 minutes. Usually, 5 miles takes me that long to ski. It was nice taking a different route skiing. I was getting tired of the same old route. There aren't too many trail options but I have two or three that I can take to make my skiing longer! 

It's going to rain on Wednesday, Thursday and then maybe more snow Friday and Saturday? I have to get in skiing today and tomorrow for sure! It might be my last two days to ski in good conditions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment