Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

My last day..

It's my last day to cross country ski. We have rain coming this afternoon. I think I should be able to get out and ski before it rains! It was a little icy yesterday on trails. Of course, it was a bit scary going down those icy hills. I took it nice and slow! Maybe I should re-think skiing today? we are going to be in the 40's the rest of the week and will be having a quick thaw. Bye, bye snow! Hello Spring! 
Day #51 of my fast/diet. I burned around 1100 calories with exercise on Monday. I wasn't really thinking and ate a roll and some sour dough bread with cheese with dinner last night. Steve pulled the cake out of the freezer. Yes, I froze it so I wouldn't eat it and so I could maybe make cake pops if no one wanted to eat cake. I certainly don't need to eat any more. But,, then I had a little tiny sliver of a slice. Wow, tasted soo much better the next day and frozen. I do like a good slice of frozen cake! 
The cake layers looked so pretty with the middle brownie layer. I think next time I decide to make a different middle layer, it will be less dense and more light, either with cake or a filling. It just doesn't cut well with out being frozen. I don't make a lot of cakes from scratch. I really should as they are super easy. Box cakes really don't save you much time. They just have flour, salt and some baking powder. You have to add the rest of the ingredient any way. Might as well just make it from scratch!  I found out on a Kids bake off, if you substitute some butter for oil, the cake turns our more moist. Good to know, as mine had all butter! It was a little dry, but I did the other cake moist trick. That's to make a simple syrup out of sugar and water, cook it and soak the cake with the syrup. I added caramel and sugar for my syrup. That did the trick! 
For years we've been paying for these tiny cable boxes at $5 each. We have two. It all adds up at $10 per month. I think it's time to return them since we don't use them. Ugh! Waste of money! 
I'm addicted to these pretzels filled with PB. I counted out 10. That's 150 calories. Its my splurge every once in awhile on this diet. After skiing/working and burning 1100 calories, I needed a little something to get me to dinner. 
I ate the same dinner last night. Just had beef instead of this chicken. I'm loving the carrots, potatoes and onion combo. Who knew I'd like cooked carrots so much! 
Weight loss progress.. Now that I won't be skiing, I decided against it for ice reasons. I need to figure out another exercise till the streets are clear and I can run/bike outdoors. Looks like I either have to go to the gym or wait it out. Good thing I have a lot of work coming up to burn extra calories this week and weekend! I'm guessing by next week I'll be good to run outdoors. My feet also have been feeling great! So hopefully, my foot issues are gone and won't hurt again! I'm missing running! 

No comments:

Post a Comment