Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Its so fresh and the ups and downs!

We got more FRESH snow! I know everyone isn't as excited as I am. I get to ski for at least 2 more days until we get rain on Tuesday! 
The snow storm started off with rain and lots of it all Saturday afternoon. By 6pm it turned to snow and all night long it snowed. We got around 7 inches of fresh snow! I'm excited to go out and cross country ski! I just need to wait a bit for the ski trails to be groomed. I don't need to make my own trail! 

Skiing was great yesterday morning. The ski conditions were a little slippery in spots but in all a good ski day. I did fall. I took that darn short cut that's not a trail but people make it into one. One of my ski's went off where another person's trail went off the main one and then I fell, face first into deep snow! I had trouble getting up and out of it. Not very pleasant! At least it was a soft landing. I was just snow covered and a bit humiliated, as people were skiing by me on the trail. Oh well, it happens. I'll be skipping the short cut today! I don't need a re-do of yesterday's fall! 
My 500 calories per day has not been going so good. I've been eating around 1000 instead per meal. Saturday morning I was HUNGRY! I skied and I was even hungrier! I ended up taking a morning nap. I felt irritated because I was hungry. Finally Steve convinced me to go with him to get bread and then get a drink at a Brewery. At this point I was like oh well, I need to eat! So I had a taste of some wheat, flaxseed bread with crasins. It was delicious! Maybe because I haven't eaten much bread in the last 1-1/2 months!  After getting bread at the Breadsmith, we went to a Brewery in Minneapolis that served food. I was so undecided on what to get to share. We ended up splitting the pork taco's and had tator tots with it. I ate two and had some tator tots with ketchup. Plus, had one beer with lemon aide mixed in. It wasn't great but I was hungry and the beer was okay. I didn't need the drink but when your at a brewery.. got to at least have one, right? So I ate a late lunch and then we had an early dinner. Steve made more beef roast with potatoes, carrots and mushrooms. I even had a tiny slice of bread and a tiny taste of the roll. All white bread but good bread from the Bread Smith! I'm guessing it was a 1400 calorie kind of Saturday! I feel a lot better today! Not starving or anything! I probably needed the calories! 
I'm on Day #49 of my dieting. I'm counting the days I go over 500 calories! I have days were I'm not feeling great about my weight loss efforts but today, I woke up thinking I felt thinner! Weird. Just when you think there is no way you could have lost weight due to eating more, I feel thinner! I still have some chunk on my stomach to get rid of. Its going away and I am determined to have it gone by summer! I do have abs under that fat! After 50 it gets much harder to lose. I'm starting to notice my leg skin is a lot looser and more blubbery. Not a good feeling with aging! I think once I lose more weight that should go away. I hope! 
I almost lost my favorite head band after skiing yesterday. Good thing I stopped to talk with some people going out skiing. They asked how the ski conditions were on the trails. After a little talking, I mentioned that I had lost my head band out on the trails. What do you know. I was in the car, on my phone and then they found it for me! I was soooo happy! It was right next to the trail. I put it around my wrist and when I took off my glove to take this photo off came my head band. I couldn't see it with all the snow. I thought it was gone forever! Sooo happy I have it again! 

I need to finish up my daily planks. I will have 7 days this week done! A few days of skiing for exercise! It's on to week #8 of dieting! Looking forward to hitting my goal weight and being back to normal and not over weight this week! Yippee.  Good things are coming to those who make the effort! 


No comments:

Post a Comment