Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

A little tropical Green

Monday was not exactly how I planned. I had a lot of schedule changes. Good thing it worked out in my favor. What didn't work out? My breaks had been grinding and it was below zero. Steve usually can fix things like that easily but it was far too cold to do any outside work on my SUV. While driving to work, the break fluid was leaking out. Not a good thing to happen. So, we stopped, got some fluid and drove home. I made an appointment to get my breaks and the leak fixed. $830 and a few hours later after we spent some time warming up at Como zoo and taking in some greenery, my car was fixed! 
We were a little bummed that normally this fix would  have only cost us parts around $300. Given the weather and the fact Steve never had to fix a break leak, it only cost another $500. Not too bad considering usually he can fix most easy repairs. My SUV needs to stop needing fixes. New tires, fixed the serpentine belt, now breaks. All minor stuff if I can keep from getting a new car with payments for another year or two? I still love my Highlander so I'm in no rush to replace it. It works and has been a super good vehicle. 

The flowers at the zoo were extra bright and smelled sooo good! We really needed some indoor green! 
 Once a few big school groups of elementary kids moved into our zoo space, we decided it was time to leave! 

We were looking at new TV's and trying to compare prices at Sam's Club. Our TV is a 50 or 55", so this 65" TV is a bigger improvement! Plus, we are having control issues with the volume etc since our TV is quite a few years old. Celina is more then happy to take the old TV off our hands next year for her apartment at school. It's not an urgent need right now. Might just hold off till April after we pay our MN sales taxes due at the end of this month. Good thing I only have $1000 left to save up and pay. We sure are paying out on non-fun stuff this month! 

I'm hoping to get some home projects done this month. Still haven't replaced the ceiling fan, or finished the doors or painted the office. Instead of getting our home finished, we'd rather go play BINGO this weekend. It's been on the todo list since the last two winters. Might have to just do that this weekend! 

We are off to swim with Evan (our grandson) this afternoon at the local water-park. I tried on all my swim suits. My new top is the winner! I bought it last summer but never wore it. I just am not crazy about my swim suit bottoms. I still need to lose another 10 pounds. I'll just suck it up and wear what I have instead of looking for a new suit. Although, I do have time to stop at Target really quick! I'm tempted! 

Last night, I stuck to eating 500 calories! Rotisserie chicken breast, a little potatoes with salt and pepper, rice blends 1/2 cup and mushrooms. Then I ate small container of  Raspberries and a few pretzels with PB. 

Only exercise was my morning planks/weights, walking at the zoo and a little bit of working. I just want to hurry up and lose 10 more pounds! I'm sticking with my fasting and eating one meal a day plan. It's not aways easy but I need to do this for me. I want to feel comfortable in a swim suit, be able to wear all my summer clothes and be fit again. I can check off Day #44! I'm just two pounds away from reaching another HUGE weight loss goal! My plan is to lose at least another 10 to 15 pounds by summer. I'm looking forward to reaching week #8, 2 months of dieting! 



No comments:

Post a Comment