Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

You would think this went well..

You would think running 3 miles would be no big deal at this point. I've been running for years now (4? ) and 3 miles should be  my easy distance. Well, not so much when you hurt your calf muscle. It started to hurt once again. I'm positive its due to me running too much too soon again. I did the smart thing and didn't keep running even though I wanted to. I could hardly walk after those 3 miles. I did take the time and stretch very carefully. 
My back started to hurt too and between my leg muscle and my back hurting, I was a mess for about an hour till that all worked out, or the Advil kicked in. 
I'm feeling back to normal this morning. I'm not taking any chances with running before I work. I'm saving my miles for after I finish working just to be sure I can walk. I'll have to do more bike miles for a while till my calf muscle feels better running. I'll do a little running 3 miles  and 10+ of biking each day till I can slowly add more miles. Maybe back to the trails to run? 
I have a new favorite cookie. I made these meringue cookies again this morning. They are like little light brownies that melt in your mouth. Super easy to make and only take 30 minutes to bake. 

I have to start over dieting. I'm on a spiral down wards. No progress just a lot of mess ups. I've been eating around 8pm with snacking on unhealthy choices. Monday night it was kettle popcorn on the drive home with a big bag from Sam's club. I was eating it like it would be taken away from me at any minute. Tuesday night, it was some onion rings with Logan after his soccer practice. 
I spend all day long, mostly eating and making healthy choices only to wreak my calories for the day with snacking on unhealthy crap. I did make myself a big bowl of fresh fruit for a before run snack. It was so delicious. Why oh why can't I just crave this good stuff more then the junk? All in moderation.. and little by little by being more self aware I can and will make changes in my eating at night. It's just taking some time. I try not to be too hard on myself but it is disappointing to wake up and realize I completely could have nailed my calories goals for the day if I had just thought thought that poor late night snack choice. 
Time is ticking and my work day is starting early. Off to work I go.. then to exercise and of course enjoy watching Survivor tonight. Happy Hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment