Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, March 17, 2016

I'm trying hard to be an afternoon exerciser.

Okay, so I might never love working out in the afternoon but I'm trying to just get out there. When I miss a morning workout because I have to work early or I want to wait till its nice out, I have to convince myself even when I'm tired to just do it. The hardest part is just starting. I just go on autopilot and get dressed and ready to run or bike. I just think about what I need to stay warm the first few miles and then not get over heated by too many layers later on in my workout. It's a fine balance and I spend far too much time thinking about the weather and my workout. 
It was a bit crazy windy Wednesday. So windy that a trampoline flew across a county road. I had so much wind resistance, I decided to quit running after 3 miles. My feet at one point felt like they were getting pulled out from under me, with all the wind gusts. I felt good just for running those quick 3 miles. Well, not so quick in wind. It was probably my slowest timed miles yet with the wind resistance. 
Zoey thought it was funny to grab my running mittens. To get them back I said "walk" and that got her all excited. We took a quick run .3 miles around the block. She needed to get out and run a bit. It felt good having her help pull me along. 
I'm doing more afternoon running/biking since it's another 40+F day but not crazy windy. Working early and trying to get use to running in the afternoon/evening hours. 
I almost forgot, Happy St. Patty Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment