Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, March 14, 2016

Are you ready for Monday?

My Monday plans are completely changed after a text from Kendra letting me know Evan was sick today. No Evan day this Monday. I wasn't sure what to do with myself since I now had the entire day to myself and on top of that, Celina is using my car so I'm stuck at home all day long. 
Not exactly stuck at home as I figured out my bike ride could be to the park to run or get in my miles by biking to the store. A destination bike ride which I use to do a few years ago. Time to get back into making trips to the store with my bike, instead of the car. I don't need to drive to the bank when I can easily bike 7 miles total. 
Sunday, I ran 4 miles at the park while Steve and Zoey walked around. My calf was a tiny bit sore but not bad enough to call it quits. I could have finished 6 miles but Steve was back at the car and well... I wanted to bike. 
I got in 11 miles on the bike right after my run. The miles are feeling a bit easier but not super easy either since I have a lot of hills to ride up. I have to fix up the road bike and get that out for a ride ASAP. I have new pedals to install and tires to pump up. It's time to figure out this road bike and quit being afraid of getting a flat tire. I'm sticking to our neighborhood loop till I know it's safe to ride miles away from home. I don't want to risk getting a flat tire and not being able to fix it, that would be a long, long walk home! 
Celina did a 2-1/2 minute plank the other day. I usually hold a 2 minute plank and do 2 sets. I wanted to see if I could beat her plank time and do a three minute plank. Done, but I did it just one time and not two sets. My goal is to keep increasing the time I hold a plank to reach 3 minutes. Almost there... 
Not to mention I added back in arm weights into my daily exercises. I lift 15 pounds and do various arm exercises for my biceps and triceps.  One set of 10 and I'm done. At some point I'll add another set for my arms.
I'm still loving my big bowl of salad for lunches. Carrots, brussel sprouts, broccoli slaw, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and blue cheese with poppy seed dressing. I should cook up chicken to eat with my salad to get in some mid day protein to keep me feeling full all afternoon. This might help curb my unhealthy snacking later on. 
Happy Monday.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment