Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Run to bike and I should run again

We went from a 70*F day to the next morning Chilly! Windy with light rain. It felt good running 1.4 miles, just one of my loops around the neighborhood. My calf was already hurting so running more wasn't a good idea. I hopped on the bike for a 9 mile ride. 
I would really like to be able to run again with out this calf pain. It's truly a PAIN! I am getting more biking which I need and I do remember how much I enjoy it once I'm out there. It's the same as running, the first miles are the hardest and then it gets better. I'm not so sure about yesterday's bike ride. I was chilled from sweating running then to get on the bike with wind and rain. It made for a very cold ride. I had no choice but to keep going. I did cut the route short to 9 instead of 11 or more miles. 
I had to crank the heat in my car driving to work. I didn't think I'd ever heat up. Usually I get plenty sweaty but not yesterday. 
Just when I think I have something down, like potty training Zoey, she has a number of accidents. Back to square one, starting over. I can relate running, swimming, biking, skiing or just about anything you do to stay fit. Just when you are feeling good, you mix it up again only to lose what you gained and having to start over sucks for a few weeks. I'm not exactly starting from zero, but it just doesn't feel very good until you gain back some fitness. I need to live in a climate where I don't have to stop biking for months or running out doors. It's just not a lot of fun starting over again and again. I'd rather keep going and improving. 
Dinner last night was breakfast foods. Pancakes and Canadian bacon. I was just in the mood for pancakes. I need to get back to dieting. I know this.. healthy food choices. I sabotage myself every evening with my food choices. I know I'm doing it and I  just don't care. I have to get at the why? Am I just tired? Do I just want to feel full? Am I looking for comfort? Do I just want to feel good for a second then awful for my poor food choices? Its a cycle and I need to figure out how to curb it and re-direct myself to healthy choices. The evening struggles are real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment