Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, March 7, 2016

Weekend Catch Up!

It's Monday so I'd better catch up on the weekend before moving on to a new fresh day.
I did some naked running. Meaning no GPS watch on Saturday. I forgot to attach my GPS to the charger correctly and if it's not done exactly right, its dead. That was okay. I needed to take it easy since that leg has been hurting.
I skipped running my favorite 1.5 mile path loop around our neighborhood because as I quickly found out, it was covered in a thin coating of ice. Running shoes and ice do not mix. I stuck to the roads where it was clear  and free from ice. It was probably the better solution to my leg issue. I have a feeling I hurt it running too fast down that path hill. Skipping running down that hill 4x's helped keep me running 6 miles on Saturday. My leg (calf) didn't even hurt after running. 
Sunday, Celina and I wanted to run at Lebanon park on the trails around the lake. I thought the trails would be clear of ice since its been pretty warm and there is hardly any snow left. No such luck, it's mostly in the woods and the ice has not melted from the trails in all places. Plus, I have a feeling it would have been pretty muddy in some spots. We drove home disappointed but again, I think it was for the best as my leg was already hurting and we only were running, not even a mile! What do you do when you can not run? Bike.. It was 60+F by the afternoon and I took the bike out to ride. I felt sooo out of shape on the bike. It didn't help that I was headed out into some semi strong wind. By the time I was headed home, the wind was at my back and I felt a lot better about the 9 miles. I cut out 1 mile thinking I'd be exhausted the first time out on the bike since October.
I'll need to do a lot more biking if I'm going to be racing in a dualathalon in April, 10 miles bike or is it 15 and a total of 5 miles of running. All on a completely flat course. Easy.. or it should be! I'd better look up the race info just to be prepared and do my bike and then run training for the right amount of miles. 

Sunday morning we stopped for coffee at Starbucks. Celina and I went next door to Bruggers for a bagel turkey sandwiches. After a late breakfast/early lunch we all drove out to Como Zoo. The second time in a week for me. Far too many people on the weekend compared to a Monday. 
 Just a few pictures from our zoo trip. 








Family dinner we had some of the Home Chef meals to make up. Salmon with soup and fondue. Plus we cooked some chicken for those of us with fish allergies along with those who (me) do not like salmon. 
Cheese fondue with sausage stuffed mushrooms. I should have taken a photo of the soup because it was delicious and pretty with all the greens. 
Zoe spent a lot of time on the deck this weekend. She likes going outside and chewing on any stick she can find. 
Waiting for her food because we are up at 4:45am once again. We need to talk about waiting till at least 5am to get up in the morning. 

It's my Monday with this little cutie. I have a few ideas for some fun things to do today. Not sure what we will end up doing but it will be something fun for both of us. 
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment