Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, December 29, 2014

Off to the gym and some newbie advice.

As a regular person who works out regularly for the last 4+ years.. I can see the future.. that is the future of newbies who start a new year resolution on January 1st, only to go out way to strong, too hard and do too much too soon and quit just 30 days later. My advice for newbies.. start off slow, go for time, rather then distance and go at it easy. Just do a little each day until you are ready to increase time and up the pace. Most importantly, keep going and don't quit.. yes it gets hard when your not as motivated.. but that's when you make the biggest progress.. 
Find an activity you like to do or at least can stand. Mix it up and keep challenging yourself to find new activities to keep you going. Variety is always more interesting then the same old.. Just don't let your mind talk your body into not moving. Don't use those bad knees, I'm too sore, I'm not feeling great or I don't have time excuses to take. I have days like that too and I just switch up my workout. 
This morning was one of those days where it's way too chilly-Cold to run out doors or ski. When its below zero, its time for me to stay indoors. I have plenty of options.. off to the gym to run on the cross ramp for an hour. I go by time.. and finish up 6 miles. 
I burned 700 calories to start my day off feeling great. I sure am grouchy when I don't workout first thing in the morning that's why afternoon just isn't as effective to wait and workout for me. I need that feel good right away in the morning. A good sweat and a good calorie burn right away to make my day great! It's all about attitude.. and I want to start off having a great day! 
I'm not sure my Fitbit is very accurate, only 8438 steps and it said only 4.5 miles. At least it give a rough idea of how much you move. Better then nothing to keep moving throughout the day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment