Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Through the woods I go...

I love skiing through the woods. First time out this season. 
The trails weren't groomed, but there was a ski trail made earlier by other skiers. That made skiing a little easier, but it was still a challenge. 

The woods looked really pretty snow covered. I had to stop to take a few photos. 
I remembered to take my new Ipod, and fitbit, but forgot my GPS watch. Ugh!!! And of course, I have no clue how the fitbit works and something happened so it never recorded my distance. Well, so much for all the data results I love to look at. 
I also forgot to look at the time before leaving, but according to my family I was gone FOREVER! It kind of felt like I was trapped skiing lost in the woods for hours. As my ski season continues, it won't feel like I ski that long. I must just get use to the distance and my surroundings. 
I feel so much better for getting some exercise. It was nice to do something other then run. I still burned calories and got in a cardio workout. Skiing really hits my buns and works them like running doesn't. 
It did feel good to finally finish skiing and to make it out of the woods. I have a feeling I skied at least 4 to 5 miles. Next time I'll be sure to remember my GPS. 
I'm definitely going to do some more cross country skiing tomorrow. Another day of not running will be good. Maybe I'll even figure out this new Fitbit??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment