Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Waiting for the light.

I like how it doesn't get light out till after 7am in the winter. I feel no pressure to get out and run asap in the early mornings. I do feel the pressure to get up the same time every day, even on weekends. I really love my laid back stretch, do my daily exercises and slowly wake up plan to get me ready to run. 


I don't need a ton of motivation following my same routine every morning. It just eases me into my day and staying consistent with exercising. 
I do slack off on my eating plan. This I shouldn't be doing to get to my goal of dropping 10 pounds. I just couldn't pass up on left-over pizza. My motto is.. if you fail one meal, try again the next time and eat with the goal to make better food choices. Sometimes it works other times not so much. I always start my day trying to eat healthy. At least my breakfast is on track to my weight-loss goals even if the other meals is still a work in progress. 
I just love getting magazines in the mail, especially anything to do with fitness, but mostly about running. 
I've been feeling a little more tired then usual the past few days. I took it easy on my run yesterday and just ran 3.1 miles outside on my little close to home loop. Taking more afternoon naps and just wanting to lay around watching TV or reading reminds me I need to rest and not always keep pushing myself with miles of running. 
I keep thinking about running faster. Wanting to work on speed during my daily running. It's not that easy to do. My body wants to run at a consistent easy pace. I'm not sure why my first mile was faster then my other two miles. I always feel like I start out super slow trying to get my feet moving. Usually, my goal is to just finish 6 miles and not to care about pace. When I am not out running and just thinking about my run. I always want to incorporate speed. Easier thinking about it then doing it. I suppose that's why other runners have running coaches. To push them into doing more speed or hill workouts. I'm not ready for a coach..since I don't want to spend the money. 
Time for me to get off the couch and head out the door for my 6 mile run. It's actually in the 20's today and no wind. Should be a nice day to go for a run. Maybe even adding in some hills and speed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment