Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Busiest time of the year

This is truly the busiest time of the year. Not only do I have the stress of getting ready for the holiday but I have to work. Work takes up a lot of time when I have so much to do. Work pays for the holiday gifts so its off to working more this time of the year. I do keep up with my morning yoga stretches. Its the best way to start a busy day by relaxing, stretching and meditating. Yoga is what gets me up early in the mornings and even on the weekends. It just makes me feel that good. Plus, with all the aches and pains of working out each day, factor in the getting older and working.. I really need my stretch time to work out all the body pains. 
The next three to four days I'll be taking a running rest break. I'll get plenty of exercise with working my butt off. I can't complain as its good to be busy. I'll need to save up all my energy to get through my work schedule. Running would just wear me out and I'd be overly exhausted. Last night (Saturday night) exhaustion from shopping all day, did catch up with me. I was in bed and asleep by 7:30pm. 
I did a short 3 mile run on Saturday morning. Temps were in the 30's, which is pretty nice running outdoors. I cut my run short because I knew I'd need energy to power through shopping. Glad I listened and took it easy. I'm thinking this morning I'll just do one quick loop 1.5 fast miles and call it done for the day. We have family dinner, another birthday to celebrate and I have baking and gift wrapping plus cleaning my house to do. A good Sunday workout that keeps me up and moving throughout the day. 
Evan turned one on Friday, Dec 19th. He had the nicest decorations for his 1st birthday. The cake was amazingly good. A moist bunt cake with cream cheese frosting. I am going to try copying this idea for tonight's birthday Oreo cake. 
The birthday boy! Evan is one. How time goes by so very quickly. 
Happy Birthday Evan. He was so fancy with his bow tie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment