Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Just be done already!

My morning run started off at my favorite local park path. Finished 2 miles but they weren't exactly easy miles to run. It was a bit hot out so this shaded path was a necessity. I just had zero energy to run. Turned out, it was school group day at the park and teenagers took over the park paths so I left after the one loop around the lakes and headed for home. 
At first I was just going to run a few short quick loops by the house. I decided that I'd never get in my 6 miles if I did that. Tired as I was, I went out for the longer 4 mile, very, very hilly route. I wasn't even out of the neighborhood and was thinking.. I don't like this.. I have no energy and this is tough. It never got easier but I just kept going even when I wanted to walk. I sure thought about walking plenty of times while running home. 
Because it was super hot at 7am, I tried something that I've never done. I ran with my water bottle. I just held in my hands and switched back and forth. The cold bottle felt good against my hot sweaty hands. I also knew I would need water to drink and the only way to do that was to carry a bottle. It was a little noisy with all the water swishing around but in all, I like having water with me and will probably do it again. 

My average pace was a 10:18 minute mile. Mile 2 I even stopped to look at a huge snapping turtle without stopping the watch. I guess, not bad running times for a lot of hills and a lot of heat! 72+F on a sunny morning felt like 90*F. I was just ready to be done and didn't run exactly 6 miles but 5.95 is close enough! 
It was going to be a super hot day and a motorcycle ride around lake Pepin sounded like a great way to spend the afternoon. 
Steve and I stopped and ate lunch at a restaurant were they filmed the movie Grumpy Old Men. We shared a burger and wings. 
It was back on the bike.. with a few rest stops along the way. 

We even found a nice camp ground to maybe stay at some time this summer. We'd take the boat and do some fishing. 

Fruit was on sale and what better way to eat it then to make a fruit tart. I had vanilla pudding issues (it wasn't getting thick). I had to improvise and the back up plan was to use chocolate pudding. It turned out great, who knew! 
It's the last day of school for the kids. Logan's last day of 6th grade and Celina's last day of 9th. 
Bring on the summer days!

No comments:

Post a Comment