Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, June 20, 2015

I'll tell you all about it later.

Up bright and early 4am.. I have my coach info training session this morning. 4 hours of learning to coach in-house soccer for boys 6th grade to 9th. 

Here is our schedule.. with a thunder storm thrown in there. Not sure how the outdoor part will work in the rain/thunderstorm? 
Class room with coaches - 2 hours
Field with kids - 1 hour
field with only coaches - 1 hour
I am all packed for the day and ready to go. While I'm happy there is coaching help for the first time this year, did I want to spend 4 hours on this task? I'm just not sure? The only thing I really want to know is the number of kids on the field and some drills to keep the kids busy. Maybe some advice on sub in's. That's about it and I'm good to go. 



I think Evan will be the next soccer player. I'll have more opportunities to use this coaching experience in a few years when Evan starts playing. 

I can now tell you all about my  soccer coach training. Did you know 80% of coaches have Zero coach training? Now I'm in the 20% with training and a certificate to prove it. 

I also received a shirt plus a large bag of all the soccer equipment I'll need to coach. Over all it was a good but long learning experience. The best part was the last hour of training which covered games to play/demo of them with the ages I'll have to coach. 
Starting the 2nd week of July, I'll be out on the field being the soccer coach for the first time. How fun and a ton of work but I'm up for the challenge. 

Moving on to all things running related. I have yet to run today. I was starving by the time I got home from training and now my stomach is full of rice. I'll have to wait a bit longer to run. While I'm waiting to digest, I get to look over my mile times from Friday mornings 6 miles. 
I made some Chocolate Chip cookies and have left over dough to bake up another batch. I love hot right out of the oven cookies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment