Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A Mom Fail and National Running Day

It was one of those Mom Fail Mornings. I slept in later then normal which was okay until I got a call from a neighbor. I completely forgot to wake up Logan for school until he had to be leaving for the bus. HUGE Mom Fail! To make matters worse, Logan had nothing clean to wear. I couldn't exactly send him to school in this funky outfit. 
Once the clothes were washed and he was an hour late to school. Ugh.. I had to get in a run. After all it is National Running Day. The one day I need to run! 
I decided to run only one loop around our neighborhood. This gave me the option to try something else new that I was curious about. What would it be like running with out socks? Crazy right? Well, maybe not so much. My feet liked the less material to make them hot feel. I didn't have any more rubbing then I normally do with socks, but then I didn't run 6 miles sock-less either. Maybe I'll try it again with a few more miles? 
I figured why not try running fast since it's only one loop or 1.4 miles aprox. I tried to treat it like a race in my mind, but without any real race or competition I ran it slower then I normally would. It still was a pretty tough pace to keep going. I was breathing heavy going up that huge hill. It's a tough hill going a 10:30 mile pace up it let alone trying to keep an 8 minute mile pace. First mile 8:14 minute mile, and the 0.4 mile at 7:47.  My fastest recorded time was 5 something, of course it was running down a little hill but I'll take it. I don't see 5's very often, if ever! 
I might have ran only a quick 1.4 miles but it got me super sweaty. I still can't cool down. 
Logan's soccer game last night, tied 2 to 2.. no soccer tonight but plenty of games the rest of the week! 

Happy National Running Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment