Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, June 5, 2015

Don't allow anyone or you, bring you down.

I've been feeling defeated a lot lately. Not meeting my weight loss or eating healthy goals and not loving running. I have that give up and why even bother attitude and I need to drop it. 
I'm too hard on myself and I know it. Maybe if I just think of how far I've come and the fitness level I'm at, I'll think twice about feeling down about where I am. 
I didn't want to run yesterday and I don't today. Biking is a good cross training option, but not the same as getting in a run. I don't get that same hard workout from biking as I do from running but it's better then nothing and I'm still getting a cardio workout. 
What's really bothering me.. doing the same thing every day and sabotaging my efforts to lose a few pounds. It's not life or death but it will make me feel better about me and will make me feel and look more fit. 
I keep reading how during menopause it's harder and harder to fight the battle of the bulge around the middle.  I have night sweats/hot flashes that keep me up all night long. I'm tired, grumpy and anger easily. That's not me, I am usually full of energy, shrug things off and avoid confrontation at all costs. Reading that these symptoms could last years, we are talking about 10+ doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy.. Just steaming mad.. or maybe I'm going mad? I did read that exercising helps the hot flashes? I'm not so sure about that?? 
Back to biking.. We take our mountain bikes since half or more of our 12.64 miles is on a dirt road. 
Not a bad pace for a hilly route. Off to run.. or biking or ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment