Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Don't stop running in a little rain

How do I prepare to run in the rain?
#1. I think about running in the gym on a treadmill.. boring!
#2. I warm up with planks so I don't feel the cold rain. 
#3. I dress for the weather. Rain coat and visor to keep the rain off me the first few miles
#4. Think of the rain as a gentle sprinkler for when you get hot and sweaty running. 
I just don't stop running outside when it rains a little. You might even like it. 

After my run.. I was rain soaked, but it felt great! 
My average pace was 9:57 minute mile. I was trying to run easy today. Just the home stretch (50 feet)I sprint down the street to finish my miles. 
I haven't been wearing my heart rate monitor much lately. Its just one extra step to strap on the monitor and usually, I don't feel like doing it. Today, I figured why not see where I'm at for effort level. As you can see by the red graph.. my heart rate is all over the place. It pretty much matches all those hills, can you see the first hill going up, up, up? 


No comments:

Post a Comment