Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, July 27, 2015

MVP - Most Valued Player..

It was really nice to hear all the great complements from my adult co-ed soccer team. They all voted me the MVP of our Sunday game. I played the best I ever have. I think the coaching before the game really helped me figure out what to do. A little direction is always welcome from a newbie like me. I played defense. There is no shortage of action. I got my 2nd header EVER! I got knocked over when going to the ball against a guy forward. We both fell over, I got up faster and got to the ball quicker to pass it up to our mids. I also had a great assist on a goal. I was at the mid line (defense, got the ball and took it up the side). I played aggressive and didn't let anyone get past me without a lot of slowing them down.  
Playing soccer is no joke.. Its tough and rough out there on the field. Lots of pushing, shoving and aggressive playing. You can't be afraid.. you just go for it and don't give up. You don't see many 46 year olds out there playing soccer. It's mostly 20's to early 30 year olds. Everyone else seems to be injured and unable to play. 
I think the real reason I was MVP, was because for a beginner soccer player that never played when I was younger.. I'm doing okay.. Better then they expected and improving with every game. Something to be proud of!! 
Before my noon soccer game, Steve went for a 12 mile bike ride with me to warm up and get my legs moving with out tiring them out too much. We didn't race, just took it easy. 
The cows along the dirt road were even taking it easy. It was a very hot, humid 89+F Sunday! 
After soccer for me and soccer tryouts for Logan, we all went to Mpls and ate out. Kendra was nice and gave up a Groupon to Mattie's on Main. We were treated to a 3 course dinner that also included 2 drinks. 

The food was really good.

 We shared two of these chocolate molten cakes. One just was not enough. I like that idea of drizzling caramel on top. I'll have to do that next time I make this at home. 
The walk back to the car along the Mississippi river front.. 

Some day we will bike around Minneapolis.. 
It's the count down to my half marathon this Saturday.. My plan is to take a running rest day on Friday. I have to rest up these toes. I really hope they can take running 2 hours for my 13.2 miles I need to run. I've been cutting back on my long miles but today I ran 6 this morning and my feet felt pretty good even with my fast speed soccer running miles yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment