Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, July 10, 2015

Picking up the pace on the last mile

Everyone has probably heard of HIIT.. Its a bad word for me. High, Intensity, Interval, Training. I don't like it because it's tough! It is suppose to burn more fat and that's the main reason it's all over the place and everyone is jumping on the HIIT bandwagon. 
I know it's just plain good to run at a faster pace to get faster. I can't expect to run a PR if I am taking my sweet old time, running at a comfortable pace every single day. It's just that I have a hard enough time just getting out to run that I don't need to add HIIT to make it that much harder. And we wonder why people quit working out. Its all this HIIT talk and making others feel bad about our workout if we aren't doing the latest craze. 
That's just my two cents on the topic of HIIT. I only pick up the pace when I feel like it. Today, I only am running 3 miles so the last mile I felt like I should pick up the pace and push myself. After all, I am taking a 3 mile break by not finishing 6 consecutive miles this morning. I didn't go all out and kill myself but my breathing was heavy and I was a bit uncomfortable at this faster pace. Exactly what I wanted, harder but not a killer where I was dying. I was glad when I reached my driveway and could stop. 8:03 minute pace but not exactly 1 mile 0.84 close enough! This faster pace was done on a tiny bit of a down hill slope and a few rolling up hills. Is anything ever flat when you run outdoors? Not on my running routes. 
Do you drink enough water? I have no idea of how much water I drink throughout the day. I try to only drink water, with once in a while some wine or a newly discovered drink of Angry Orchard Hard Apple Cider. I drink water throughout the night, and I take a sip the first thing when I wake up. I down 32oz of water just doing my hourly morning yoga/stretching. I have no idea of how much I drink during or after my run but I have a feeling it's another 32oz at least! I love my water. I spend a lot of time refilling water bottles from the frig. Ice cold tastes the best! 
Do you see what I see? I'm getting two green peppers on our potted plants. I've been growing this plant since last spring and now its going to produce peppers. I'm a bit excited about what I've been able to grow in my front pots. I don't have a green thumb when it comes to plants. I've got plans to use these peppers in some fresh salsa. 
Thursday's miles.. 5.68, does anyone really care if I just round up to 6 miles? It's close enough for me but I know how some runners think your cheating if it's not exactly 6 miles and you say its 6, when really it's 5.68. Silly isn't it! These Thursday miles were really tough. My whole day of working felt tough too and I napped in the afternoon. I think that's what I needed, sleep! 
I'm a little all over with my topics this Friday. I'm just happy I have a three day weekend.. Last day of work and then it's on to all things soccer for the weekend. I have a soccer coach clinic tonight, (I know a Friday night!) Saturday, Logan has soccer to qualify for state, Sunday I have my co-ed soccer game. Yes, lots and lots of soccer. Plus, I get new lashes. I love getting my lashes refreshed! What else, oh yeah, we have two parties to attend on Saturday and of course I'll be running and biking this weekend. A lot to pack in but a great weekend to look forward to! Bring it on! 



No comments:

Post a Comment