Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The burn on the run

Eating spicy salsa and guacamole before a run is not a good idea. It's a sure way to get stomach burn. It sure was tasty but I felt my mistake right away. I waited for my daily run until the evening, when Logan was at soccer practice. They have a nice lake that's only 1.4 miles around with a nice path that I could easily run to from the soccer fields. 
It was a beautiful night and a nice flat running route. I would have kept running if not for the burning I felt from that spicy salsa. Bad idea! A mistake not to make again! I will have a chance to redeem myself on Thursday night. There is more soccer practice and time to run while I wait for Logan. 
So what if I only ran 2 miles. The route to the lake took me through this cool under the road tunnel. 
I stopped a few times for photos. I was in no rush and besides that salsa burn hurt!
After my short run, I sat on the grass to observe soccer practice. I wanted to see how other coaches ran a practice. There were about 5 teams out there practicing so I watched a few to get some ideas for my coaching tonight's in-house soccer practice. 
Am I ready to coach soccer? I think so. I just have a lot of skills to go over and have them practice, some fun games and maybe if time a scrimmage. That should take up 1-1/2 hours? Right?? If we end early, so what! 
(after darker)
I went all dark again on my hair color. Back to more of my natural color. It might be a tad too dark. I now am missing that golden brown. Maybe I'll go back to lighter? I'm so undecided? 
(before lighter, needed to be colored)
Happy mid week... 

No comments:

Post a Comment