Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, July 9, 2015

I Love Coaching!

I did something I wasn't 100% confident in my skills and I did it. Not only did I like being a soccer coach, I absolutely LOVED IT! Don't ever be afraid to try something new. Surprise yourself and get out of your comfort zone. Life is too short to take the easy way out and not challenge yourself. 
I have a great bunch of 6th to 9th grade boys to coach soccer. Practice went really great. That's of course my opinion, but I did ask the boys if they had fun. All said yes! We chose a new team name, "White out" since our shirts are white. I had enough activities to keep the boys busy for exactly 1-1/2 hours of practice. The real coaching test will come next Monday when they have their first game. 
I'm so happy I took on the role of a volunteer soccer coach. Its so rewarding to just volunteer your time. I'm giving but getting back so much more! 
Which brings me to my running. I skipped my running yesterday because of work and soccer coaching.  I felt so great after coming home from coaching that I should have gone for a run, but instead ate dinner, which was a yogurt and popcorn. 
Today's run wasn't feeling great at first even with my rest day. Every mile was tough. I stopped  three times for water and a short break after each neighborhood loop of 1.4 miles. Glad to be done with that! It's not always so easy to run even thought I've been running a few years now. Every day presents a new challenge. I'm not a quitter and this too shall pass or I'll just finish my 6 mile run and call it a day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment