Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, July 3, 2015

A 10 Miler!

That doesn't happen very often where I set out to run 10 miles. I did it today. I definitely think taking a few easy days of low running miles along with a rest day helped me run this 10 miles at an average pace of 9:44 per mile. 

Why did I decide to run 10 miles this morning? I wanted to see how my feet felt running longer then 7 miles. I'm in training mode for my half marathon I'll be running August 1st. I want my feet to be able to finish 13.2 miles and not be KILLING me. I did take a few rest breaks for water after 1.4 miles and other 1.4 miles then after 3.5 miles again after 3.5 miles. A total of 4 times I stopped and according to my Garmin it was 10 minutes of rest time total. I did put in a load of laundry before I finished the last 0.4 miles or a quick loop around our block to make it an even 10 miles. Usually it's not important to me to be exact but I wanted an even 10 today! 
How did I fuel for my run? Not very good in the morning. I wasn't very hungry and only managed to take one large bite of my Whole grain bread with chunky Skippy Peanut butter, along with 1 bottle of water. I did make up for not eating by finishing my slice of bread and now working on #2 slice. 

I think carb loading last night with a sweet and spicy pizza kept me from getting drained on my run from lack of food in the morning. 

We did a drive to Wisconsin for fireworks and stopped to eat at Muddy Rivers along the St. Croix/Mississippi river. 

What a beautiful night for dinner on the deck over looking the river. 
Steve discovered a new garlic dip he liked on the cheese curds. 
Now on to celebrate our long 4th of July weekend.. Its already started off great and we still have 4 days to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment