Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, July 6, 2015

4th of July Weekend.. and its not over just yet!

We did the camping at the lake 4th of July. Started the weekend with a nice fire. It felt pretty great to have nothing to do other then watch wood burn. 
The only exercise I got was walking up and down the hill from the camper to the lake.  My fitbit # of stairs climbed for the 4th hit 63. I did a lot of up and down on that hill. I don't think you can count riding the jet-ski as exercise? 
The fires from Canada filled the air and made the sky look all cloudy and lake foggy. 

Steve made some pork country style ribs over the fire.. and corn on the cob. 

Camping style dinner
The corn and potatoes were my favorites. I love corn over the fire.
Steve did all the cooking. We try to keep things simple while at the lake. Most meals we go out to eat but it's fun cooking once in awhile too and the food always turns out tasting so much better then anything you get at a restaurant. 
We bought some fireworks and lit off a few of the smaller ones before the big show at night. 
I didn't take any firework photos, but there were at least 40+ boats out on the water to watch fireworks. All three cabins took part in the firework show. Best one yet! We laid on our blankets while the fireworks were shot up above. 
Steve and Logan did a little fishing and didn't catch anything. 
I spent the majority of the weekend being lazy, and just having fun with the family. 
I need to get back into my daily exercises and running. Unfortunately, it's raining a lot this morning. I need to make some tough choices.. run in the rain, which sounds awful or go run at the gym? It's always tough the first day back from a lazy vacation, but just like vacations, the lazy non-running days must end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment