Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, August 1, 2014

August is my favorite month..

August is the BEST just because it's my birthday month plus, its summer so its got a lot going for it. 
The last week of July was extremely stressful so I'm looking forward to August and having a lot of fun with the remaining days of summer before the kiddo's go back to school in the fall. 
Last night was picture perfect, no wind, temperature was comfortably warm but not too hot, just an overall great night to sit outside watching Celina's soccer team. Tied game 1 to 1. 
I cut way back on my running and biking most of the week. I just needed to back off and today was pretty much the same. My plan was based on temperature. It felt a little on the coolish side and biking early in a tank top when there is a bit of a chill in the air..doesn't feel that great. I just decided better to run 3.4 miles to the gym and lift weights. 
It was another easy running day.. just keeping the pace around 9:30 per mile. I was going for consistency and easy. At the gym I really have been lifting a lot heavier weights for my arms. Added some weights when I do my ab exercises too. 

I'm starting to wonder when I'll see some arm improvement in muscle tone? I haven't done the hard work and cut back on calories to drop some pounds. I've been working on eating healthy foods at least 2 out of 3 meals and some days I make good snack choices and some times I don't. 
I've got to start eating a ton more veggies.. I picked my first two cherry tomatoes from my plants and had a delicious toasted ham sandwich. It kind of looked like the sandwiches we made on vacation but on toasted bread and my tomatoes on top. 
I've got a few August Goals:
1. Eat more veggies, keep up the healthy eating at all meals and snacks
2. Cut back on Calories to drop 10 pounds this month
3. keep lifting weights at least 3x's a week for 30 minutes
4. Keep up on Biking, swimming and running
5. Sign up for a 1/2 marathon in September or October. 

No comments:

Post a Comment