Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, August 15, 2014

A Scribbled Mess

This might look like a scribbled mess and it is. This is how I chart my fitness progress every week. It's my little chart of keeping me honest and moving forward. Maybe someday I'll get all fancy and actually make a computer generated chart, but for now this works and I keep it all in my fitness book. It's my bible for my fit life. 
I recently added a new fitness goal, Glut Bridges to my morning wake up routine. Here's what it looks like. 
I've been holding this bride for 2 minutes. I really feel it working! 
It's another really early wake up morning for me. I am convinced I just don't need that much sleep. Six hours seems to be the magic number for me most nights. I do think all the extra sleep while on vacation has caught me up on sleep, even if the so called studies say that just doesn't hold true. 
Celina's Pink Soccer team had another game last night. No coaching for me, but I did play goalie for the girls until the coach arrived. Logan always brings his soccer ball so while the girls practiced for 30 minutes, I threw the ball so Logan could practice trapping. He's working on foot skills and is finally taking more of in interest with soccer. 
We watched the game up on the hill. I love how you can see the entire field from this view. 
I don't follow a running plan. I have been wondering if that might be a good idea? It would be nice to not have to think about what I'm going to do for my workout. I love reading how runners training for a marathon have all their workouts planned and they know the distances they must run, what speed and they some how stick to it. Lots of times I think today will be the day I go for a long run and it never happens. A long run would be any thing over 10 miles for the day and biking 30 miles. 

A client of mine just told me she is doing a couch to 5K running program on her own. I'm excited to see her progress and really hope she continues to run and learn to love it too. It's exciting to see other women also discover its not to late in your 40's to lace up those shoes and get out there. Just walk and run a little, start by time and keep increasing that until you can run the entire time..checking off the miles. She has yet to sign up for a race. I gave my advice: Just sign up for a local 5K, cheap $15 race. This way you have a goal and a deadline. Its also not a lot of money to be without. I do know signing up for a race is scary especially the first time. There are so many unknowns when your new to running. The whole racing is a trial and error learning process and even those who run races all the time are still learning. Not every race goes as planned even with training. Some races will go better then expected and some will be the worst ever.  That's the thrill of the race, everyone has a different goal. Some its just to finish, others its a faster time etc.. You won just by putting one foot in front of the other... and that's the reward. 




No comments:

Post a Comment